background

Sunday, May 1, 2011

New Adventures

I quit my job 6 weeks ago to start my own business.  It wasn't well thought out.  I didn't save up money, I didn't have a business plan.  I don't have a place or all the equipment that I need.  All I knew is that I was tired of my job, tired of working 80 hours a week for someone else.  I had to get out. 


Now, I have to say, I've had the taste of freedom, and I don't want to go back.  I love being on my own, working at home, being with my puppies and my fiance.  My mom and my sister just came up (I live in Massachusetts and my family is in Georgia), and we finally started working on wedding plans.  

 I have missed so much working in this business.  This business means long hours, working holidays, working every weekend.  It is a tough and tiring business.  Don't get me wrong, I love to cook, and I especially love baking.  I just needed to get out on my own where I could have some control over my work and my life.  Now, I have a great balance of both.

So far, things are going great, and I couldn't be happier.  I started this blog (actually, my sister started it for me) so that I could share my journey with you, and hopefully that journey will lead to the opening of my own little shop.  I will share the process of making a cake from mixing the batter to the decorated final product.  I will also share some of my favorite recipes for you to try at home.  If you like what you see, follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment